Sunday, September 28, 2008

Needed Help:

As most of the nation knows a little storm called Ike blew through here a couple of weeks ago and really made a mess. Not to minimize the real damage to persons and homes there was some severe damage to many of the hiking and biking trails to the Houston area. People of the northwest side of Houston (cypress, klein, etc.) have organized themselves into a user group that helps to maintain these trails in conjunction with GHORBA. My home trail is not as widely used or maintained as some of these trails but the following is a letter I sent out to the members of the group today, if you stumble upon this site and live in or around the area take these words and do what you can. Thanks.....


"After I got home from work yesterday morning I took a little re-con mission on improper to see what kind of shape it's in; the verdict-It's not real pretty. The only highlight was the peninsula (Jones and cypress wood) was pretty buff. Thanks to whoever took the time to clear and rake it. The rest of the area I rode was pretty hard hit. Unfortunately I don't have time to organize a work party (maybe someone else can???) but I encourage you if you are a regular to work on sections of the trail if you have a chance. I am going to be working the sections of the trail starting after the Y retention pond and going from there when I get free time. Much thanks to those who are working the proper section and hopefully as Gerry said the trails will be better than ever when it's all said and done.

thanks"


peace like a river.......

No comments: